This recipe is courtesy of Kroger Supermarkets.
- 1 lb. Kroger Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup Kroger Frozen Chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Selections by Kroger Tri-Color Peppers, diced (approx. 1 1/2 peppers)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 tsp. Kroger Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kroger Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Kroger Black Pepper
- 14.5 can Kroger Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Kroger Instant White or Brown Rice
- 1 tsp. Kroger Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Kroger Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz. package Kroger Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 15 oz. can Kroger Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, saute ground beef and onions, green peppers and garlic for 10 minutes, or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9″ baking dish and top with tomato sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes on center oven rack, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in Kroger Food Storage Containers in the refrigerator.
- Six servings
Per Serving: Calories 380, Fat 24g, Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 90g, Sodium 949mg, Total carbohydrates 18g, Fiber 3g, Sugar 6g, Protein 25g